IEEE Digital Privacy Workshop
7-8 October 2021 | Virtual
Registration: Coming soon.
Privacy is a top social concern, but personal Digital Privacy solutions are under-developed and inadequate. The goal of this 2-day workshop is to facilitate discussion on the definition, scope, and common interests in the area of Digital Privacy for potential future collaboration. We invite you as a stakeholder to contribute, and to share with us your perspective of Digital Privacy and why it is important to your community.
Workshop Topics will include:
- Policies, Ethics, and Social Benefits
- Business Data Handling and Use
- Technologies, Frameworks, and Standards
- Legislation and Regulation
- International and Cultural Variants
- The IEEE Digital Privacy effort is dedicated to advancing solutions that champion Digital Privacy and securing of personal and private data
- Areas of focus include organizational and global architectures, public frameworks, privacy enabling technologies, standards development, compliance with user-enacted control of personal data, devices and applications privacy parameters, neutral governance bodies, and policy-supporting legislation
- Alliances with other global organizations and institutions with similar objectives are critical to achieve widely accepted solutions and standards while maintaining neutrality of operations and public visibility of controls to the greatest extent possible
- Most privacy regulation and protection efforts are focused on Corporate Data Protection
- Individual privacy is a top social concern, but personal Digital Privacy solutions are under-developed and inadequate
- Privacy should be implemented as a primary architectural facet (not an afterthought)